Written by Smally
First of all I would like to thank you all for being so pateint over the last few months as I know the User Control Panel was lacking some attention. I have now returned as a Developer for Red County Roleplay and will continue to improve the User Control Panel and all web related services for the seeable future.
I expect most of you to have little faith in me as a developer as I have been and gone so many times over the last year, just to inform you that all of my departures were unplanned and I would have loved to have continued developing the User Control Panel. However, due to work and real life I was unable to.
The first thing I began doing as soon as I returned was working on a small release just to give the site a bit of a jazz up so here are the changes:
- Major changes to the support ticket system - both the front end and the way the system functions has been changed. (Yellow Boxes is a staff reply.)
- Faction Administrators can now edit factions on the UCP similar to that of the /fedit command. (Factions that are edited VIA the UCP are now reloaded on the server minute count)
- Fixed a bug where Armour and Weapons would not show for ownedVehicles or would display incorrectly.
- Administrators are now able to view Donations per master account instead of having to search through individual character accounts.
- Updated CKEditor to include some more plugins and a new theme.
- Fixed a bug where upon editing master account permissions it would save the data incorrectly and overwrite the wrong settings.
- Additions to the API
- More bug fixes that I cannot remember
It's very easy to give you a small update and expect you to be happy, well that's not the case here, I have always had big features planned for the User Control Panel and never got round to finishing them you can expect to see the following in the User Control Panel at somepoint within the next couple of months:
- Finish the Public Character Profile System - Including our own custom BBCode Parser to allow you to display dynamic information in your character story such as current house if you wish and most information that is avaliable to you as a player.
- Change the support ticket system to intergrate departments, thus streamlining the whole ticket process as the ticket will only be shown to those with valid access levels to what you need.
- Intergrate a Faction Chat system on the User Control Panel using sockets.
- Change the design to allow for more than one theme and allow donators to customise their own profile (Including background, font and colors)
- Revamp the staff page to show more information and intergrate helpers onto the page.
- Change the frequently asked questions page to a knowledgebase.
That's just the features that I can think of myself! If there's anything you would like to see in the next version of the User Control Panel then head over to the forum and post a suggestion now!
I would like to say a big thank you to BigD (My Brother) for continuing to develop the User Control Panel in my absence and TommyB for giving me another chance to develop the User Control Panel. Hopefully, as work gets quieter I will be able to dedicate more time to both Red County Roleplay and the User Control Panel overall.
If you have any questions or want me to share some knowledge with you then don't hesitate to contact me on [email protected] I aim to respond to all emails within 12 hours unless I am sleeping.
COMMENTS ARE ENABLED SO REPLY